Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Someone special . . .

I just read the blog of a former student.  She doing missionary work in Nigeria in an orphanage.  She's a really special person . . . one of those people who never ceases to help others.  She's the most faithful person I know.  I wish I could believe in people that way she does.  Her blog is worth checking out and if you are looking for a worthy cause, consider this program.  Her blog, Faith's Heart, is listed on the right hand side of this screen.  
Check out her blog entries and her pictures.  You will see many things that are heartbreaking but the spirit of her work always shines through.  I am proud to know her!
Speaking of photos, I am ready for spring . . . yes, I say this on a daily basis.  I can't wait for soccer to start . . . my youngest child plays soccer.  
I was truly offended when a certain ex-vice presidential candidate who used a political forum to make a negative comparison of "soccer moms" . . . in favor of "hockey moms".  We all support our kids . . . why would someone who aspires to lead this country be so condescending of parents who actively become involved in their kids' activities . . . didn't she want our votes?!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment