Monday, April 6, 2009

Time for Spring!

I really believe in this affective seasonal thing.  Otherwise, why do we all come alive in the spring?  I've always envied true outdoorsy type of people . . . you know, those people who want to be outside even when it is below zero.  I'm not like that, I tend to like being cosy and warm in the winter.  I also have to fight negative thoughts in February and March.  I've truly come to dread those months.  Maybe I need to learn to ski!  Or . . . I could simply ignore this grueling music teacher lifestyle and perhaps go on a vacation like real people.  I know one music teacher who does this most winters.  I think that the mess that I'd come back to would prevent me from wanting to do this again.  Let's face it, teaching strings is not something that most substitute teachers want to deal with.
In the meantime, the weather should just stop teasing us and turn into mild nice weather.  I know I'm lucky, the place that I live has summery weather through September and often into October.  However, winters seem to linger.  My school seems to be going through an extra round of viruses--perhaps good weather would help this.  Fresh air is healthy.
I can tell when the weather is getting nice--my students start trying to sneak outside during rehearsals.  I have a hard time being the "mean teacher" when this happens because I do get it.  However, parents want to see good concerts so we do have to practice.  If I didn't have so many kids, we could practice outside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment